Electrically Commutated Motors (ECMs) are increasingly common as more energy conservation measures are implemented. The ECM is a brushless DC motor that is supplied AC power, converts that power to DC current and uses electronic switching to control the motor rotation. The ECM motor shaft speed can be reduced to save energy, resulting in lower cost and less component wear. ( To learn more check out our post on Using Current Sensing Devices to Monitor Electronically Commutated Motors (ECMs) ) What becomes difficult to monitor is whether or not these motors are in deed operating. Traditional current sensing methods don’t provide reliable and accurate proof of rotation leading to equipment failure, extensive trouble shooting time and inconvenience all which can prove to be costly.
That’s where the H6ECM comes in to play. Equipped with precise current trip point settings, the H6ECM is optimized to provide meaningful proof of rotation which verifies that the ECM motor is operating as expected.
Boasting a hefty 5 year warranty this compact current switch offers a number of industry standard and innovative features:
- High performance device, split-core housing
- Precise current trip point setting
- Small size…fits easily inside small enclosures
- Self-gripping iris for easy installation
- Status LEDs for easy setup and local indication
- 1Amp status output…increased application flexibility
- Solid state for high reliability
- Polarity insensitive for trouble-free installation
- Keep costs low with the simple 6 step installation
Interested in learning more about the H6ECM Current Sensor or other Current Monitoring Solutions? Contact a current monitoring specialist today: 800.354.8556 or at email@example.com.
Please feel free to leave a comment or question for discussion.